“#AmplusRun” means a virtual fitness event taking place in multiple regions for participants to execute indoor or outdoors. It may include running, walking, jogging or treadmills too.
– any of our websites operated for the aforementioned event, including any microsites or tools contained therein which are created and supported by our technology solutions providers.
– any of our social media pages for the aforementioned event
As well as any events calender & information on the event that form part of #AmplusRun.
Our Platforms will allow us to store, organize and process data, including, for example, identifying data such as photographs, first and last name, birthdate, email address, country, and activity type within a database.
We have provided this Privacy Notice to help you, the user to understand how we collect, use and protect your information when you visit and engage with our Platforms, and that information will be treated.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information.
Please note that we will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice uses the following key terms:
- Browser web storage: enables websites to store data in a browser on a device. When used in “local storage” mode, it enables data to be stored across sessions (for example, so that the data are retrievable even after the browser has been closed and reopened). One technology that facilitates web storage is HTML 5.
- Non-personally identifiable information: information that is recorded about users so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user.
- Personal data: any information which you provide to us which directly or indirectly personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information.
- Sensitive personal data: special categories of personal data, specifically, information about your residence location.
What information do we collect?
We collect and use a range of information you provide us when you participate in #AmplusRun or any events, promotions, surveys, competitions or activities associated with it, including:
- Personal data you provide when you register, such as your first name, last name, age, gender, country of residence, gender, email address,
- when you register.
- when you participate or publish your content towards the event.
- when you communicate with us regarding our services, such as when you send questions, complaints, comments or suggestions, respond to surveys, rate our services or communicate with us.
- Consents we receive when you consent to us processing your data where consent is required.
- Technological data that we or our third-party service providers may automatically receive and record including:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number)
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL,
- cookies or similar technologies that may uniquely identify your browser or any of your accounts on our Platforms,
- information (including personal data) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches
- location information when you use our Platforms through various technologies such as Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
How we collect personal data
We collect your personal data directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. We do this in a number of ways including:
- When you register on our website to participate in the event with your credentials
- during conversations between you and our representatives in relation to #AmplusRun
- when you communicate with us or our representatives regarding our services such as feedback surveys and ratings
- We may also collect personal data from third parties including:
- organisers or co-organisers of events, schemes or initiatives as well as service providers assisting with organising such events, schemes and initiatives in relation to #AmplusRun
- mailing lists
- contractors & business partners
- Where you engage on one of our social media platforms, for example our Facebook page, we receive information
Any personal data we collect about you will only be retained for as long as it takes for the purposes for which such information is required to be completed. If we no longer need to use or disclose your personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and we are not legally required to retain that information, then we will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal data or ensure it is rendered anonymous (i.e. turned into non-personally identifiable information).
How we use personal data
We may receive your personal data from you or from third parties which we use:
- to operate and administer our Platforms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, market research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to display information about participating individuals and companies on publicly available leader boards, including posting name details provided to us, and you consent to such use of your information by registering through our Platforms;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with details about future events in relation to #AmplusRun that are same or similar to those you have registered for, or have otherwise participated;
- to respond to your questions, comments and requests regarding your account, events for which you have registered, updates regarding our services and other administrative matters;
- to provide you with services/information related to #AmplusRun;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- where you have indicated your consent, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with additional services and/or information about additional services that may interest you (see “Marketing” section below for more information);
- to notify you about changes to our Platforms;
- to improve our Platforms to ensure that content from our Platforms is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to organise and administer events, competitions, activities, schemes and initiatives, fulfil the terms of any agreement you have with us, respond to your requests and or any other purpose related to managing our organisation in relation to #AmplusRun;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to conduct post-event surveys for events, activities etc. organised for #AmplusRun to measure customer satisfaction and improve our products and services;
- to provide us insights into the trends of participation in #AmplusRun and usage of our services so that we may better deliver our services;
Direct Marketing, IP Addresses and Cookies
Where you have indicated your consent or we have a legitimate interest, we (and permitted third parties) may contact you for direct marketing purposes via post, telephone, email, SMS/MMS, push notifications, and social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WhatsApp.
This marketing may relate to:
additional products and services we (or permitted third parties) feel may interest you;
information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about; and
upcoming events, promotions and new products/services or other opportunities as well as those of selected third parties.
If you are already registered, we will only contact you by electronic means without seeking your consent in advance (including but not limited to telephone, e-mail, SMS/MMS, push notifications, and social medial channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WhatsApp) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous dealing with you. If you are signing-up to register and participate in #AmplusRun, we will contact you by electronic means (including but not limited to telephone, e-mail, SMS/MMS, push notifications, and social medial channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WhatsApp) to provide you information or notify you on upcoming events, activities, promotions, new products / services or other opportunities as well as those of third parties partners/sponsors in relation to the #AmplusRun.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us you may unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe link in the bottom of our email communications or by requesting us to remove you and your personal data collected electronically from our database(s) by emailing [email protected]
Marketing Emails and Newsletters
We may also combine the information you provide us at sign-up on our Platforms with data from other sources to help us improve the relevance of the emails we send you. For example if you sign-up to #AmplusRun, we will record that information in your MailChimp subscriber profile to ensure that the content of our emails reflects that.
Opt-Outs of marketing email communication
You may unsubscribe from marketing email communication sent by our Platforms at any time by following the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email communication we send via MailJet or by requesting us to remove you and your personal data collected electronically from our database(s) by emailing [email protected]. If you unsubscribe MailJet will retain your email address for the purposes of a suppression list to ensure that no further marketing messages can be sent unless you actively choose to opt-in again.
You can request our third party partners to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of emails or by directly contacting such third parties at any time.
Internet Protocol (IP) Address
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device every time you browse the internet. When you visit our Platforms, the server used by our web host will make a record of your IP address, together with the date and time of your visit, the type of internet browser you use and the URL of any other websites that referred you to our Platforms.
We may also log IP addresses to analyse trends, administer our Platforms, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal data) relating to your activity on our Website (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal data because it does not identify you or anyone else, we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
Links to Other Websites
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from our Platforms, including the information or content contained therein or the data collection practices or privacy policies therein. Please remember that when you use a link to go from our Platforms to another website, our Privacy Notice does not apply to third-party websites or services. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party websites or service, including those that have a link or advertisement on our Platforms, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. For example, when you sign-up to register and attend any activities or events in relation to #AmplusRun via a third party link on our Platforms, our Privacy Notice does not apply to your use of such third party site or any personal data you may share with such third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third party websites and encourage you to read the privacy statements of any such third party sites. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and we do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your user content. If you are using a third-party website or service (like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Instagram, or Google groups etc.) and you allow such a third-party access to your user content you do so at your own risk. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information we collect by other means (including offline) or from other sources other than through our Platforms.
How we share information
We do not share personal data with companies, organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal data with companies, organisations or individuals when we have your consent to do so.
For external processing
We provide personal data to our service providers, affiliates or other trusted businesses or persons to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with our Privacy Notice and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. This includes our technology solutions providers.
Sharing with our partners
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected websites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Where required by applicable law
We will disclose personal data when required by any applicable law (for example to fulfil national security obligations we may share personal data with national security agencies), or in good faith believe such action is necessary or desirable to comply with the applicable laws (for example to fulfil our reporting obligations for the Covid-19 Pandemic we may share information we collect as part of our contact tracing procedures with the concerned health and regulatory authorities), or to protect or defend the rights or property of our Platforms, or their users.
With selected third parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
in the event that #AmplusRun sells or buys any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
if #AmplusRun or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets;
agents, service providers and third parties who provide services relating to the purpose for which the personal data is collected including data processing services, whether or not such agents, and
any person who is under a duty of confidentiality and has undertaken to keep such data confidential.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored and otherwise processed on servers located outside the country in which you reside and which may be located in secure data centres worldwide, and personal data may be stored in any one of them.
How long we keep your data for
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to full the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. When assessing these periods we carefully examine our need to collect personal data at all and if we establish a relevant need we only retain it for the shortest possible period to realise the purpose of collection unless a longer retention period is required by contractual obligation or law.
If you select to contact us with any questions, comments or requests using one of the online forms that form part of our Platforms, you will need to provide your full name, telephone number and email address so that we can be sure to be able to contact you. Depending on which online form you complete, you will be given the opportunity to provide additional information that will allow us to serve you better, although the additional information might not be required in order for you to complete and submit the online form.
If you have any general enquiries, complaints or suggestions, please contact us at [email protected]
Security of your personal data
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal data that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorized access, including by means of firewalls, password access and secure servers. In particular, we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems, and restrict access to personal data to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations. Unfortunately, there is always risk involved in sending information through any channel over the internet. You send information over the internet entirely at your own risk. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the internet and we do not warrant the security of any information, including personal data, which you transmit to us over the internet. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorized access to, your personal data, please let us know immediately.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
We regularly review our compliance with our Privacy Notice. When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
Privacy Notice Changes
In the future, we may revise or amend this Privacy Notice at any time by amending this page to publish a new version. All changes will be made here so you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. We recommend that you revisit this page from time to time to keep informed of our current privacy practices.
Your privacy concerns are important to us. We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful to you.
Questions Concerning this Privacy Notice
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please feel free to email us at [email protected]
General Enquiries, Complaints or Suggestions
If you have any general enquiries, complaints or suggestions, please contact us at [email protected]